Strawberry cream facial scrub recipe
As we move into summer and begin to focus more on our appearance and that long awaited summer glow. Here is a lovely a lovely pampering facial that has all the essence of summer.
- Strawberries x 4
- Oats – 1 tbsp
- Natural Yoghurt (Greek or we prefer dairy free coconut) – 1 tbsp
- Cleanse skin thoroughly, and then pat dry with a face towel.
- With a fork mash your strawberries in a bowl, add ground oats to strawberries and some natural yogurt.
- Stir mixture to make a stiff paste.
- Apply a thick enough layer over the face and neck avoiding the eyes, leave dry for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat skin dry with a soft towel. Moisturise with either Desert Date oil or Hibiscus oil to help maintain the benefits of the scrub and to provide extra hydration.
Why this facial works so well
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C which improve collagen products, reduces puffiness (anti inflammatory), cleanses and moisturise. Strawberries also remove dead skins cell because of the alpha hydroxy acids which provides a mild natural exfoliation and gives skin a natural glow, making strawberries perfect for a facial
Oats are high in vitamin E so are excellent for overall skin health. As a natural cleanser as they are able to soak up excess oils on the skin. Oats also contain beta glucan which provides a fine film protective barrier on the skin so is great for soothing dry, itchy skin irritated skin. They too remove dead skins cell and naturally exfoliate
Yoghurt is light, refreshing and soothing, it helps to remove any blemishes and leaves skin feeling moisturised. As it contains probiotics it can also protect the skin from UV rays by creating a protective barrier on the skin.